Thursday 7 June 2012

A Slightly Late May Favourites


I’ve had this and two bottles of High Beam lingering in my make up drawer for awhile. It used to be a staple of mine a few years ago when I wouldn’t go a day without mixing a tiny bit into my foundation but for some unknown reason I stopped using it. Now because of the nice weather I’ve fallen back in love with its subtle warm glow. I also just noticed that Benefit have released Sun Beam a new bronze highlighter which looks great. I must say tho if you are looking to buy this product I would never pay the full and quite extortionate price of £18.50, you can get it far cheaper on a number of websites including ebay and there are a number of dupes for both High Beam and Moon Beam.

I was kindly sent the BM Beauty Eyeshadow brush to review and I was so impressed I went out and bought the foundation brush. Both these brushes are extremely soft and densely packed with cruelty free synthetic bristles. The eyeshadow brush is perfect for blending and picks up eyeshadow extremely well.  I’ve also washed both and so far not a single hair has fallen out. These are now some of my favorites and without doubt up there with my Real Technique brushes. I will definitely be buying more of these. (Ethicalsuperstore.com have these at 25% off at the minute)

This now famous lipstick has been my go to shade for the past few months. It’s a stunning bright orange which is perfect for nights out and on summer days (the few we have had anyway). You can see a full review here.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago when ASOS had a 20% beauty event, I’d been umming and arring about buying this for quite some time as I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that much on a tinted moisturiser. However I am so glad I did, I think it’s amazing and I’ve been using this every day since buying it without fail. I’ll do a full in depth review soon.

I got my first sample of this awhile ago in a magazine and really liked it, so I was thrilled when the mascara swap came back to Debenhams and I snapped this up. I think it’s a lovely mascara for the daytime and doesn’t leave your lashes hard, flaky or clumpy in the slightest, just beautifully long and soft. (I’m not quite sure I would call this High Impact though! If your after a bit more vavavoom I would recommend YSL Shocking mascara)

Sorry its a wee bit late but I hope you enjoyed it!

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. great choices! I look foward to seeing the NARS review, I swear I spend half my life lusting after their products! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just posted the NARS review - I hope you like it. I would really recommend this tinted moisturiser if you have dry skin like me.
      Rach x

      http://the-beauty-bloggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/nars-pure-radiance-tinted-moisturiser.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...