Tuesday 26 June 2012

NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturiser Review


                                                                                                                                                                      I've had this NARS tinted moisturiser for about a month now, you might have seen I featured it in my May favourites so I thought it was about time I did a review for you.

I picked up the lightest shade Finland from ASOS during a 20% off beauty promotion they had on. I was initially reluctant to spend £27 on a tinted moisturiser but at 20% off I couldn't resist, and I'm so glad I did. Its also worth noting that although it doesn't look very big you do get 50ml which is at least 10 or 20ml then your average high street foundations.

What NARS say - Your skin – almost bare, but better. This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks.Infused with lush, naturally derived botanicals and ingredients to immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.

  • Advanced sun protection
  • Hydrates and helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots for a brighter natural glow
  • Oil-free. Paraben free. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Synthetic fragrance free.



    Pros - 
  • I love the texture of this, it has a lovely lightweight formula and skins into the skin quickly, leaving my skin feeling soft and throughly moisturised. My skin felt hydrated and soft all day, without feeling like there is any product on my face at all. 
  • I also think considering it's a tinted moisturiser it has great coverage - more than I expected. It evened out my skin well and covered some redness, although it won't cover any blemishes at all. 
  • Throughout the day I found it wore really well and at around 5.30pm when I look in the mirror I don't feel horrified, my skin still looks even and bright. 
  • As I will be mostly using this in Summer the fact it has SPF 30 is a huge huge plus, I was wearing this on holiday in Morocco and my face didn't burn in the slightest and it didn't slide off my face at all in the heat!
     Cons
  • You can see in the photos above Finland has slight yellow undertones and isn't actually all that light considering this is the lightest shade in the range. I don't personally find the shade a con as I think its pretty perfect for me but I know it will be too dark and yellow toned for a lot of pale ladies. I do however think its great that although they may not have the lightest shade spot on there are 8 or 9 shades, which is a great range for a tinted moisturiser.    
  • I do love the classic NARS packaging (apart from the fingerprints all over) however I would personally prefer a pump and I like to be able to see how much product I have left. Saying that I'd rather have the product for cheaper than pay extra for pump packaging.
  • Also again not a con for me but when Elaine tried it, it really didn't flatter her skin at all it looked too dewy and oily on her  - even though it is oil free, so I wouldn't advise this at all for oily skin. 
  • Finally it is £27 which for a tinted moisturiser I do feel is on the pricy side - although it is 50ml and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is £33 for 40ml
Will I repurchase
DEFINITELY although I would also like to see how this compares to Liz Earl Skin Tint and the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. Overall I am really impressed with this, as I have very dry skin, this is perfect for summer as it keeps me moisturised all day and gives me the health dewy glow I've been after without compromising on its lasting ability. I also think the colour is a great match for me and all the cons I could think of with this product weren't personally cons for me. Finally although I LOVE this product I'm not too sure on the claim that it will 'reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots', as I haven't noticed any difference - but I always take claims like these on foundations with a huge pinch of salt.


Have you tried this, what did you think? 
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review! I have this too and quite like it but agree, very pricey for a TM and Love the packaging but is hard to tell how much is left!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...