Tuesday 17 July 2012

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclait Foundation Review

As i'm sure you know YSL were offering a free colour match and 7 day sample of the well hyped new foundation. This also meant they get your details so that the counter can ring you when the foundation is available to buy so you don't miss out (it's out now). So we couldn't resist a chance to try out this much anticipated foundation.


Elaine was colour matched to BR30
Rachel was colour matched to BR30, B40, B30,B10 & BD20 (so just goes to show sometimes you need to trust your own judgement with foundation colours!)


"Twenty years after the launch of the iconic Touche Éclat, Yves Saint Laurent adopts a leading edge technology that transposes the magic of this legendary highlighter into a foundation to achieve the same illuminating result for the entire face. Yves Saint Laurent introduces LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT.A bold, unique formula to target shadowy areas and define contours. A magic light infused within a weightless fluid. A texture that has no mask-like effect. A formula free of opaque powders that evens the complexion and erases imperfections, enhancing the face’s natural features."


(L-R) BR30, B10, B30, B40, BD20
Pro's
  • The foundation feels lovely and lightweight on your skin but still provides a medium/slightly light coverage.
  • The packaging is perfect, not only is the glass bottle very well designed it also has a pump, it looks clean and stylish, Rachel would buy it just to put on her dressing table.
  • The finished look does diffuse the look of imperfections and pores, we compared this to other foundations we had and there was a clear difference in the quality of the finish, pores were noticably less visible with the YSL foundation.
  • It had good lasting power if you have dry skin, however I found on my oily skin it slipped quickly.
  • It was easy to apply and blended really well.
  • The shade range is impressive, there are 22 shades in 3 different colour categories, I really love that it has a range catering for people with pinky skin, as I find some foundations can be quite yellow for me.
Con's
  • This made my skin very shiny after a couple of hours, which was very disappointing, as having to add powder so early on in the day wasn't great.
  • I don't think this foundation matches up to the hype of the Touche Eclait highlighter, I can't say that YSL brought the light to this foundation, it is a nice foundation that gives a natural glow but as illuminating as we hoped.
  • The price, £28 is the norm/relatively cheap for high end foundations but I don't think I could justify paying that much for a foundation that doesn't knock my socks off! Rachel however is on the fence as to whether this foundation is worth the price.


Will I purchase?
Elaine - I won't be buying this foundation, I was disappointed with how quickly it made my skin shiny, and it was very shiny! I do like this foundation and will be using my samples up but it isn't the perfect foundation for me so I couldn't justify buying it.
Rachel - I am very much on the fence about this, I didn't blow me away, I thought after reading other bloggers reviews it sounded perfect for me and all I want from a foundation (light/medium coverage, dewy glow & good for dry skin) but it hasn't met my high expectations. I'm going to keep trying out the samples and will definitely be looking into this foundation again when I need to buy a new foundation.


I bet you have all tried the samples of this foundation, what do you think?

Elaine & Rachel

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to try a sample- but have read sooo many reviews! I'm a bit oily, having to powder seems like something I will have to do with this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have oily skin I would definitely recommend using powder with this foundation, it made my skin very shiny within a couple of hours.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying reading your blog. You give really detailed reviews and i love the swatches.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...