Monday 16 July 2012

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask Review


What Lush say - Irish moss gel will soften the skin, whilst almond oil will moisturise and leave it supple. Fresh blueberries are full of vitamins and minerals and are anitoxidant. Rose absolute and chamomile essential oil will reduce redness and irritation. Calamine and talc will deep clean and soothe the skin at the same time.
Combined together they provide your skin with a good deep cleanse without causing puffiness – leaving the face cool, clear and calm. This is a deep cleansing mask that it designed for regular maintenance to keep the skin clean and clear. Regular deep cleaning can avoid spots occurring and keep skin in top condition.

I was luckily enough to get this for my Birthday – I’d had my eye on Lush face masks for awhile and as I’d heard great things about them and as my skin went a bit awol I decided Catastrophe Cosmetic was on the one for me.

Pros  
  • I love keeping this in the fridge as its cooling and refreshing on the skin – perfect to calm nasty red spots. Because I keep it in the fridge and as it only lasts a month this means I was more likely to use it than other masks I have lying around the house. A perfect incentive for pampering.
  • I really like drying hard clay like masks – this was lovely and easy to put on. It dried hard to give that deep cleansed oil free feeling – be warmed it will flake off all over your jeans!
  •  I think it really did help to calm and soothe my break outs, it was nice to treat my skin with a cooling mask and spot redness did seem to reduce after using it.
  •  I LOVE that its natural and handmade – it might be more of a placebo effect but it does make you feel lovely.
  • It may look like a tiny pot, but you only need a small amount to cover your face so you get plenty of uses out of it within the month.

Cons
  • It was a bit messy and difficult to remove – but that’s all the fun of a face mask eh!
  •  It didn’t really smell very nice and the colour was more green sludge like with bits of blueberry than the beautiful blue it looks in the picture.
  •  This isn’t a con for me as I liked using it up quickly but it’s worth noting it does only last a month.
  • Although I found it was cooling for my spots I do think it’s more of a relaxing treat than something that’s going to work wonders on my skin.

Will I repurchase?
Hmmmm I enjoyed it but I’m not in a rush to buy another lush face mask, however I would buy it if my skin flares up again. I would probably try the Lush Brazened Honey mask next but at the minute I’ve got my eye on a few other face masks.  I’m dying to try out the Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask and the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask, have you tried either of these?

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Sea Moss Greensboro NC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...