Tuesday 24 July 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review



You would need to be hiding under a pretty large rock if you haven't heard the buzz from beauty bloggers raving about Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable balm stains, so I was really excited when they were launched in the UK and even happier to hear that both Boots and Superdrug were offering them at an introductory price of £5.99 (normally £7.99), so I had to try them out.



(I wasn't overwhelmed by the shade choices to be honest, but I have heard that more shade options are available in America, so maybe they will be released here at a later date...)

I picked up Honey first as I wanted a berry colour to wear everyday as an alternative to pinky/nude lip shades and this matched what I was after quite well. I hadn't planned on buying another one as they hadn't wowed me as much as I thought they would, but I thought I may as well take advantage of the introductory offer so I picked up Rendezvous, I did already have my eye on this but I was worried it would be too similar to my Tutti Frutti Lip Butter but I found that it had more of an orange tone compared to Tutti Frutti, although this does oxidise to a darker shade.


Pros
  • The Just Bitten stain does leave your lips feeling softer and smoother, however personally I find that I still need to use a lip balm before applying but I have quite dry lips.
  • The packaging is really great and I like the retractable crayon design, I know the design/product is very similar to Clinque's Chubby Sticks but I have never used a Chubby Stick so I couldn't compare.
  • They are great everyday lip products, I have been wearing Rendezvous and Honey to work everyday, they are very wearable shades that are still highly pigmented.
  • They contain a nice minty scent, which I quite like, it isn't strong so it's not irritating or overpowering, although I know Rachel wasn't keen on this.


Cons
  • They tend to only last on your lips for 2 hours max, and even then it's the brighter more highly pigmented colours (Rendezvous) that have that longevity, which isn't what I expect for a product that claims to be a stain (I know Revlon say it is a lightweight stain... but it is still a stain), especially when Revlon claim it will last 'hour after hour'.
  • I found that after application both Honey and Rendezvous oxidised to a slightly darker shade, I didn't mind the darker colour, but sometimes the swatch doesn't always match the shade when it is applied.
  • The balmy feeling on your lips doesn't last long, I would say about 20 mins, so if you like to have that moisturising feeling on your lips you would need to keep reapplying.


Will I repurchase?
Maybe... I do like the Just Bitten stains as they are great everyday/easy to wear lipsticks and I'm happy with the colours that I have, but they really haven't wowed me, maybe I was expecting a wonder product from all of the hype. I would only purchase them again if they had a shade that I was looking for at that time and even then I wouldn't go out of my way to buy that shade in this product in particular.
Rachel has swatched the Just Bitten stains and she was quite underwhelmed too but she did say she would be tempted to try Romantic or Crush which are darker shades in the Autumn.

Have you tried the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains yet?

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...