Monday 20 February 2012

SS12 Trends - Gold Leaf


I've been watching the AW12/13 shows eagerly and after watching the Topshop Unique show I had a look through the SS12 shows to remind myself of some of the trends for Summer and felt I had to blog about how much I loved the use of gold leaf in the shows. The above images are from the Topshop Unique and Fendi (by make-up artist Peter Phillips) shows. Although I adore the look I think it might be a tiny bit OTT for my usual look so I think I will stick to a safer version of this trend using gold eyeshadows and nail varnish. Topshop's make up range have some great eye crayons (£7.50) I would love to try to give a deep gold colour. I also love Topshop's nail varnish range, they have a wide range of unusual colours which are always spot on trend, to get a gold leaf effect I think it would look great to layer the crackle topcoat in Gold Digger (£6.00) over a silver colour or the crackle topcoat in Frosty (£6.00) would look equally amazing. Will let you know how it goes when I get around to trying this!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...