Monday 17 December 2012

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift Moringa Cleansing Balm Review


About a month ago I had a lovely surprise when I received this cleanser in the post, I had completely forgotten that I had applied for a sample on Whats in my Handbag, you can see the post here.

I have been wanting to try this cleansing balm for ages, it gets rave reviews from Caroline Hirons and from other bloggers that have tried it following Caroline's recommendation, but it is quite pricey at £34 for 100ml, although if you time it right there are sometimes offers on QVC or Feel Unique . I have always been a bit hesitant to try it due to the price and I have never used a balm cleanser before so I wasn't sure how to use it or whether it would be suitable for my oily/combination skin type, so I was pleased to have the opportunity to receive a sample.

Emma Hardie Say...
Benefits:
- Thoroughly cleanses and moisturises the skin.
- Helps to purify and minimises the appearance of open pores.
- Calming for sensitive skin
- Revitalising for dull and mature skins.
- Can be used as a rescue balm, ie on dry elbows or knees, or as a lip balm.
- Doubles as a soothing mask if left on the skin for ten minutes

Key Ingredients and what they do:
- Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E:Balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores
- Orange, Neroli and Mandarin extracts: Rejuvenates and revitalises the skin.
- Jasmine, cedarwood and Rose:  Helps to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins


The cleanser can be used in the morning and evening but I have just been using the cleanser in the evening (so that it lasts longer) and I prefer a refreshing gel cleanser in the morning when I have a shower.
You mix couple of drops (or a small scoop) of the balm with warm water to create a cleansing milk and then apply to your face, I apply the balm to my face when it's dry as recommended by Caroline Hirons, it can also be used to remove eye makeup too. It did take me a little while to figure out how much I actually needed as I either would use too much or too little as I wanted to make my sample last as long as possible! You then remove the balm with a muslin cloth and warm water, although I have been using a face flannel which works just as well but is much cheaper.

The cleansing balm smells absolutely gorgeous, the scent is really relaxing and luxurious, it's the perfect scent to help you feel ready for bed. When I first applied this I was absolutely amazed at how quickly the cleanser melted my makeup away, especially my eye makeup, all of my mascara was removed with only one wipe of my face cloth! It left my skin feeling thoroughly cleaned but didn't leave it feeling tight, my skin felt lovely and soft and very moisturised. 
Straight after using the cleanser I noticed a visible difference in how luminous my skin appeared.

I absolutely love this cleanser and look forward to using it every night, as I don't see it as much of a chore to remove my makeup and clean my face as I know that this cleanser will do that all for me in one go and it's just sooo nice to use! Apparently the cleanser also doubles up as a soothing mask when you apply and leave it for 10 minutes, I haven't tried this yet but I will definitely be testing this out.

I have asked for the full size for Christmas and pointed my boyfriend in the direction of Feel Unique where it is currently on offer for £26ish. It is expensive so it will definitely be on birthday and Christmas lists in the future.  

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...