This is the first Sleek palette that I have bought, I have always been tempted by their other palettes (Rachel has the iconic Storm palette which has some great colours) but this is the first palette where I actually thought I would wear all of the colours. It was definitely the colours that attracted me to this palette rather than the fact they were matte shadows, as I normally wear shimmery or metalic shadows.
The colours that I reach for most often are Thunder, Flesh, Paper Bag, and Villan.
Flesh is a really great neutral shade for a daytime look and I have been using Paper Bag on my eyebrows, by blending the colour on the back of my hand so the colour isn't too dark.
All of the swatches are below.
Top to Bottom - Orbit, Ink, Highness, Noir, Dune and Pillow Talk
Top to Bottom - Thunder, Maple, Flesh, Paper Bag, Villan and Fern
I have mixed feelings about this palette, I found that some of the colours look completely different when you swatch them such as Fern and Noir, and not as dark as they appear in the palette. Some of the more vibrant colours are quite difficult to blend which means they aren't the best to add as an accent colour, so I tend to use when I want to have a single eye shadow look so not as much blending will be required.
- My favourite colours Fern and Thunder - Fern creates a nice natural day time look, it gives your eyes a great even look, your eyelids but better. I have been using Thunder for a subtle evening look, when you don't want to look too 'done'.
- The price, £6.99 is a great price for a palette which contains 12 shadows.
- The packaging feels secure and good quality for the price, I also like that there is a mirror included.
- I found that the eye shadow's were very chalky which felt really cheap, especially as I know that other palette's tend to be more on the creamy side compared to this.
- The colours are quite difficult to blend and take a lot of work, and the more you blend the lighter the colour becomes so to get the colour you want you need to apply more layers of shadow.
- Some of the colours when applied and swatched weren't true to how they looked in the palette even when you layered the shadow.
I was quite disappointed in this palette, I had expected the quality of the shadows to be better as I know that everyone raves about the Sleek palettes. I have found that I don't wear as many of the colours as I thought I would as they are difficult to blend to create different looks.
I don't think I would rush to try Sleek matte eye shadows again.