Sunday 5 August 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review

Maybelline's launch of it's BB cream passed me by at the time, I just assumed it wouldn't be for me, not really sure why, until recently I sent away for a free sample pack available through Maybelline's facebook page. I'm not sure how long they took to arrive, but it was quite a long time, as when they arrived I had actually forgotten I had even applied for a sample!
I received 3 sample sachets in light, so I gave a sachet to Rachel to try out too.


Maybelline say... Feel BB Fresh! Our 1-step wonder for a dream skin day, every day. 8-in-1 Skin Perfector. Why you'll love it, imperfections look blurred, a natural looking glow, fresh feel, compliments skin tone, skin looks smooth, hydrates, protects with SPF 30, and oil free, non greasy.



I found the consistency to be thicker than I expected and was more like a foundation, quite similar to the original Garnier BB cream, however it did feel lightweight on my skin. You only need to use a small amount of BB cream for your whole face, I found the coverage to be light to medium as it can be built up for extra coverage, I did need to use concealer for blemishes. The BB cream did gave a great natural fresh finish, without looking too much, it lasted on my oily skin for about 4-5 hours before becoming quite shiny and started to disappear. Price £7.99.

Pro's
  • I found that this was quite a good colour match for my skin, not perfect but one of the best light shades of BB Cream on the high street.
  • Maybelline have 4 shades in their range, which isn't huge but it is pretty good for BB creams.
  • SPF 30 is quite impressive.
  • Coverage was better than I expected, and I did find it gave me a great even finish. 

Con's
  • My skin did become quite shiny after a few hours, so it might not be the best match for my oily skin.
  • I found that it didn't have the longevity that I wanted, by the time I finished work the coverage had disappeared.
Would I purchase?
Elaine - I did like this BB cream, but it didn't come close to my Garnier BB cream for oily skin, I would consider buying this if some how I fell out of love with Garnier.
Rachel - I'm used to wearing tinted moisturiser so I found this BB cream to be quite heavy, I also didn't find it to be particularly moisturising, overall it's ok but it doesn't stand out enough for me to buy it.

Have you tried Maybelline's BB cream? Which BB cream would you recommend?

Elaine



2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about trying this but I have really oily skin so I think I may pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are better BB creams or light foundations for oily skin. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...