Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 Favourites... Moments

I have really enjoyed 2012, there have been some great moments this year that I wanted to share with you.

Blogging
I'm soo pleased that Rachel persuaded me to start a blog with her, she had been listening to me talk about makeup and beauty blogs for soo long and I don't think I ever would have thought I could write a blog on my own, so it's been really great starting a blog with her. I have enjoyed everything that has come along with it.

Cats

We adopted two white cats in April! They are soo cute but are both identical bright white so it took a little while for us to realise which cat was which. I love cats so I was really excited when my boyfriend finally agreed to getting them. They are a bit naughty, if you follow me on twitter or instagram you will see the state of my Christmas tree, but I love having them around.

Going to Morecambe with my family

We have 2 young nieces who we adore, we see them every weekend and I really look forward and cherish my time with them. It's started to become a bit of a tradition to go on a week caravan holiday with the girls and the family and this year we went to Morecambe and we had soo much fun together, it was even better that we managed to time it right with the only heat wave of the year. We had a great time going to the beach and Blackpool zoo, it was lovely to have the time to spend with my family.

Olympics

This summer I was hooked by the Olympic and Paralympic Games, but my favourite moment out of the whole of the games was during the opening ceremony when the torch was passed onto the new generation of sport stars and they were given the opportunity to light the cauldron, I absolutely loved the song Caliban's Dream by Underworld, it was just really perfect. You can see it on You Tube here.

Paris & Getting Engaged!

I went to Paris in September with my boyfriend and had such an amazing time, it was such a great time getting lost and exploring all the french pharmacies (well not sure how much Mark enjoyed that) and we went to Disneyland too! We even walked up all the stairs of the Eiffel Tower it's something I regretted doing after the first flight of stairs but I did have a great sense of achievement at the end but I was very pleased to see a lift to the very top.


But my very favourite moment of Paris was when my boyfriend proposed whilst we were sitting in gardens at the Lourve! It was such a lovely lovely surprise, and I adore the ring I love the vintage style. Rachel and my boyfriend did good picking it! I'm really looking forward to planning the wedding in 2013, so expect a few wedding posts!

London Fashion Week
Can you spot us??
Rachel won a competition with The Body Shop through pinterest to see the Ekaterina Kukhareva S/S13 show at London Fashion week, which she kindly invited me along to as well, the whole weekend was such a drama but such a good time!
It started with Rachel sleeping in so we nearly missed our train, it's not the most convenient or cheapest to catch another train to London when you live in Newcastle! 
Rachel was mugged on a night out and had her bag stolen, it was a really terrible thing to happen but Rachel was safe which was the main thing but then she got to be involved in a police chase around London as they tracked her iphone to catch the mugger, she got her phone back but the guy had sold it on so they still haven't caught the bastard. 
The next day we headed to Covent Garden to see a Fashion Scout show, which was amazing, we were on the front row so we are in a few of the pictures, we also got to meet the talented makeup artist Lan Nguyen which was amazing we got to have a chat with her about spring/summer 13 trends and got some tips too.
Oh yeah I also got yelled at by a fashionista at Somerset House! Fun times!
It was such a fun, nerve wracking, exhausting weekend, we were literally hysterical on the train back to Newcastle I felt sorry for the other passengers having to listen to all our babble and laughter! I will never forget it!

This year I also got a new job as a support worker (on secondment), I have really enjoyed the challenge and getting to know my new colleagues, it has given me soo much confidence in my abilities that I will take back to my normal job mid 2013.

I have really enjoyed this year but I am looking forward to 2013 and I'm hoping it will be a great year!

Elaine


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...