Monday 26 November 2012

Winter Favourite: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Stain in Crush

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I am really struggling to get good photo's due to the dark nights, so I'm relying on having enough time at the weekends and the weather being good enough to take decent photo's! 
I'm trying to create some sort of light box/background out of a shoe box to help with photo's, I'll post a picture on twitter to show how I got on, it sort of looks like I've attacked a shoe box with scissors and sellotape at the minute... might end up a disaster but worth a go!

I have managed to get a few photos taken on Saturday. So I'm finally back to blogging as usual...


Now that the autumn/winter has arrived I decided it was time to change up my make up look, and for me the easiest way to do this is to experiment with my lip colour. I'm not normally one to try bold makeup or follow makeup trends that closely, but this changed when I became obessed with reading beauty blogs and  I have been really inspired by other bloggers so I try to be a bit bolder with my lip colours, and buying one lipstick (or two...three...ok sometimes four) is the easiest way to keep up with trends/seasons.

 I've had my eye on the Revlon Just Bitten stain in 'Crush' ever since they were released in the summer, it is the perfect berry autumnal shade (swatch below). 
I already have 2 other stains in Honey and Rendezvous, I have to admit that when I first bought them I wasn't overwhelmed and thought they were nice but very so-so, but after a few months wear I have really changed my mind as they are such easy to wear lip products and would probably have more if there was a wider colour range, at £7.99 they are a bargain too. You can see the swatches for Honey and Rendezvous here.

So back to crush... 


I absolutely love this colour, and would encourage anyone who wants to try a berry lipstick/stain to buy it. The colour itself is quite purple which is unique compared to the huge selection of autumnal reds on the high street, the colour does oxidise slightly darker on your lips, but you can build up the colour which is great if you are starting to experiment with lip colours. 

The colour lasts for about 2-3 hours max before you need to reapply, the longevity is pretty much the same as the other stains I have. 

Crush is exactly the same as the other stains I have from the range in that the balm feeling on your lips doesn't last very long about 20 minutes, but it is moisturising compared to liquid (felt tip like) stains that can be quite drying. 

The only negative is when the colour wears off it does leave a purple stain behind which is slightly more vibrant than the berry colour, I personally don't mind it all but some people might, if you aren't sure you could test it on your hand and see how it wears.

I have recommended this to friends and would definitely repurchase. 

What is your favourite autumn/winter product?

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...