Saturday 13 October 2012

Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream Review

T-B: Angel Delight, Cotton Candy & Fairy Cake

Collection Cream Puff lip creams have been around for a while now, and I have had Cotton Candy & Fairy Cake for ages but had forgotten I even had them until recently when I was having a sort through my makeup and I was having a play round with them (as you do) I instantly remembered how much I love them, so I went out and bought Angel Delight too.

The matte lip trend is set to stay and these lip creams are a great cheap alternative to some expensive brands such as Bobbi Brown's new matte lip creams or even Rimmel's new matte Kate lipsticks.
 
Collection say the Cream Puff's are a "Velvety soft, matte-finish lip cream. Enriched with a ultra moisturising, vitamin-rich formula, the creamy colour hugs lips to give your pout the perfect powdery finish."

L-R: Cotton Candy, Angel Delight & Fairy Cake

I love how neon Cotton Candy and Fairy Cake are but they are also very wearable, I'm not usually a bright lipstick person but I find these very easy to wear and Fairy Cake is really flattering on my pale skin.

As well as the bright shades there are also 2 neutral shades Angle Delight (swatched above) and Powder Puff, Angel Delight is slightly darker which I prefer in a neutral lip colour, as I have quite pinky lips so if I use a very pale neutral lip colour it just looks wrong on me.

Pros

  • The colours are amazing, I adore all of the colours, it would be great if Collection released more trend shades for each season.
  • The lip creams are perfect for the current matte lip trend, which can bring your makeup look up to date, they are also an investment as the matte lip trend looks to be big in spring/summer 2013 too.
  • Price, at £2.99 they are an absolute bargain!!
  • The lip creams really last on your lips, and wear off evenly so you don't end up with dreaded lip liner lips.

Cons
  • They can be a little drying but as I have quite dry lips anyway I just ensure that I apply lip balm first before the Cream Puff colour.
  • The colour selection isn't great, only 4 shades, which are neutral or bright, which could put people off especially as it is now Autumn so people always head for berry shades, although I do think that Angel Delight is a great autumn daytime colour.

Would I repurchase?
Definitely I love these lip creams, I would buy every shade if I hadn't already...

Have you tried the Cream Puff lip creams yet?

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. Fairy Cake is beautiful. For the half year I was looking for similar lipgloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel delight looks sooo nice!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become my everyday favourite perfect for people who want a nude lipstick but can get away with how pale most of them out there are.

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...